- Generosity is one of the most important characteristics/habits for someone.
- Friendship and social connections in general make us happier.
- Touch gives life to people of all ages.
- Voice expresses and describes emotions. We can sense by hearing someone’s voice how does he/she feels.
- Mimicking of others’ expressions helps us understand what people are feeling/doing.
- Empathy gets stronger when we have strong imagination.
- Compassion is important for our survival (human species survival).
- Volunteerism enhances well-being and life expectancy.
- Language matters. Words have power and should be used carefully.
- Giving from your own stuff can bring you the biggest satisfaction ever (than not giving at all or giving neutral – but not your own – stuff).
- Forgiveness increases life satisfaction.
- Mind-wandering causes unhappiness. Mindfulness causes happiness.
- Self-compassion can increase self-esteem but self-esteem doesn’t necessarily increase self-compassion.
- Gratitude makes us more human. People that tend to feel grateful often are good people.
- Green places (nature in general) and art can increase our well-being and everyday happiness.
- Laughter is not only a way to signal joy. It is a tool that develops social bonding and helps individuals improve their standing inside groups.
- Play is important to understand who exactly are we and what are the social roles we are going to take in the future.
Do you want to know more about Positive Psychology? Just check the following pages:
– Positive Psychology (https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/positive-psychology)
– What is Positive Psychology? (http://psychology.about.com/od/branchesofpsycholog1/a/positive-psychology.htm)
– International Positive Psychology Association (http://www.ippanetwork.org/)